Memorandum of Understanding with Hong Kong
An academic cooperation agreement between Dept of Social Science, School of Humanities and Social Science, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong and Satya Nilayam Institute of Philosophy and Culture, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, was signed in December 2018. Our part of the signature was sealed on 14 December 2018 during the inaugural session of the two-day Seminar on ‘Future Generations: Responses and Responsibilities’.
This cooperation agreement aims at fostering advancement in teaching, research, and other academic pursuits of both parties through faculty exchanges and visits, joint research projects, conferences, and seminars, and other academic exchanges.
This agreement is valid for three years.
Visiting Fellows Scheme
The Visiting Fellows Scheme (VFS) intends to invite scholars, researchers, academicians, and non-academician professionals from other institutions or places to spend some quality time in Satya Nilayam Research Institute, conducting research or be involved in other activities which will benefit the Institute and the scholar.
The various categories under this scheme:
- Visiting fellows: our standard scheme for academic visitors and non-academicians
- Visiting Researcher: This category is for doctoral candidates from other institutions who are either in the early stages or at any stage of their doctoral processes, but should belong to a recognized institute that offers doctoral programs.
- Visiting Senior Fellows: This category is for renowned scholars in their field, with distinguished publications and academic profile. The scholar must be at least to the rank of Lecturer or Assistant professor in their home institution. Even retired people would come under this category.
TERMS AND GUIDELINES
Applications are accepted at any time of the year.
- Interested scholars and researches shall apply to the Institute with a research proposal for 1000 words, a one page statement of purpose (including the proposed date, nationality, age, gender etc) and a current CV. The scholar will also send an application form either by post or online.
- We would normally take two to four weeks to process an application and revert to the scholar.
- The Visiting fellow will be associated with a mentor from SNRI during the period of the program.
- Those participating in VFS will have free access to use the Kolvenbach Library and other SNRI resources. Though ordinarily we neither pay or receive fee, in exceptional cases, the institute may ask the researcher to pay a certain fee to the institute.
- The appointment as a VF will have no binding on the institute to pay any salary to the scholar.
- We may not be able to offer the VF with an office, but the scholar can use the Seminar room and the library for regular use.
- The scholar will have full access to the Kolvenbach Library and can borrow books from it during the entire period of stay. The scholar can also have access to printers and computers in the library. For more details regarding access to the library, contact the library director.
- We have limited residential accommodation within Satya Nilayam campus, and more details regarding this can be had through the Director of SNRI.
- Scholars from outside India will be given assistance to approach the Embassy with necessary documents for visa purposes. However, it would be the responsibility of the scholar to get the right visa before entering the country.
- The scholar will be admitted to the VF program on acceptance of the following conditions:
- Agree to make one public lecture per semester and the dates can be arranged in consultation with the mentor and the administration.
- Agree to submit a working paper (6,000 to 10,000 words) to the Institute’s bi-annual journal, before the end of the visit or within one month of departure from the campus.
- Agree to comply with the aforementioned terms and guidelines.
- Agree to fill in the online application form/downloadable format and submit.
- The contact person for this scheme is the Director. For more details: Dr Robin S.Seelan, Director, Email: email@example.com
Issued on 20 Aug 2018